Live Experimentation Branch
The CDID Experimentation Division's (CDID-ED), Live Experimentation (LE) Branch is the experimentation arm of the Signal Center of Excellence.
The branch conducts operationally focused technical experiments and provides assessments of innovative concepts and technologies that support the warfighter and the requirements and acquisitions communities, focusing on Technology Readiness Level (TRL) 6/7 (prototyping in a relevant / operational environment) and higher.
Additionally, the CDID-ED-LE branch provides technical support by providing technical expertise in support of rapid prototyping, near-term tech insertions, technical risk mitigation and large-scale technical integration.
Using its neutral position, the CDID-ED-LE branch can act as the "Honest Broker" between government and commercial entities, by providing unbiased assessments of technologies under consideration for procurement.
Live Experimentation’s Strategic Goals
- Tech Experimentation - Support operationally focused technical experimentation and integration efforts which contribute to establishing the SIGCoE as the definitive authority on all Army communications and networking matters
- Tech Innovation - Act as the lead technical innovator for the SIGCoE by keeping an eye on the technology development horizon to ensure that emerging communication technologies that show significant innovation are properly researched, tested and exposed to the relevant communities of interest
- Tech Analysis - Provide assessments and risk mitigation studies of technologies and their associated technical impact to the Army across the full spectrum of DOTMLPF domains through the use of experimentation and careful documentation of test results and the associated analytics
- Tech Research - Provide answers to challenging technical questions related to the network its associated hardware architecture through the use of experimentation and careful documentation of test results and the associated analytics
- Tech Integration - Act as the Lead Technical Integrator for experiments/exercises which require the technical integration and synchronization of multiple technologies into a single congruent network