25P Microwave Systems Operator/Maintainer
As one of the largest ground forces in the world, the U.S. Army needs to make sure that all forces can get the correct information. Army communicators are responsible for making sure that their communications equipment is in top working order to get data traffic through. The ability to efficiently communicate allows the Army to track and direct troop, aircraft and watercraft movements.
Microwave Systems Operator/Maintainers are responsible for all maintenance checks and services on networking communication equipment. Some of your duties as a Microwave Systems Operator/Maintainer may include:
- Configuring, aligning, operating, and performing unit level and direct support maintenance on microwave communications and technical control equipment, and associated devices.
- Monitoring, fault isolating, and restoring telecommunications circuits, trunk groups, systems, and associated commercial and military interface equipment.
- Installing, operating, performing strapping, re-strapping, preventive maintenance checks and services (PMCS) and unit level maintenance on COMSEC devices.
- Maintaining circuit, link, system, and station records and reports.
- Operating and performing PMCS on assigned telecommunications equipment, vehicles, and power generators.
- Working in conjunction with other Military Occupational Skills on Routers, Firewalls,Integrated Digital Network Exchanges, Fiber Optic Equipment in Tactical and Strategic Environments.
TRAININGJob training for a Microwave Systems Operator/Maintainer consists of twelve weeks of Basic Training, where you'll learn basic Soldiering skills, and 20 weeks of Advanced Individual Training including practice with equipment. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field. Some of the skills you learn are:
- Programming and operating of Data Communication Devices.
- Programming and operating of Networking Devices.
- Programming and operating of Tactical Joint Node Network Equipment.
- Programming and operating of Fiber Optic Equipment and Networks.
- Programming and operating of Tech Control Facilities and Associated Equipment.
- Preventive maintenance procedures
- Communication Security policies and procedures
HELPFUL SKILLSHelpful attributes include:
- An interest in working with electrical, electronic and networking equipment.
- An interest in solving problems.
DSN = 312-780-XXXX